Chiller Water ReUse System for Poultry Processing
AWPI’s chiller water re-use system for commercial poultry production facilities provides many of the same advantages as our process water re-use system. It kills Salmonella, Campylobacter, and other pathogens faster and more thoroughly than chlorine. Our patented technology uses ozone (rather than chlorine) to purify and remove solids, BODs and CODs from chiller water, and then recycles USDA-approved water to the chiller. It’s greener, safer and more profitable (see case study at bottom) than other systems.
Better than chlorine
Ozone is a powerful antimicrobial agent with many advantages over chlorine:
- None of the storage costs or hazards associated with chlorine: ozone is generated onsite, has a very short half-life, and breaks down into normal, diatomic oxygen.
- Stronger antimicrobial power: ozone kills pathogens 3,000 times faster than chlorine.
Reduce costs across the board
Even beyond the many advantages of ozone, our system saves you money in other ways:
- Our ozone system reclaims 30 to 40 percent more water for reuse (USDA approved for food contact) at more points of use than screen and chlorinating systems, which reduces your incoming water costs. This also helps keep you in compliance with new water use restrictions being imposed by many cities.
- It enables you to grow your operation by lowering your waste water quantities and reducing BODs and CODs in the water.
- It reduces system errors by showing performance events and trends (see Fig. 1), even signaling operators when a problem occurs. This data can also be viewed–and the system can be controlled–from a supervisor’s office or from anywhere in the world, via internet (see Fig. 2).
- It improves the quality and safety of your poultry product by replacing chlorine with ozone as the antimicrobial agent.
Fig. 1: Poultry Chiller System control screen for system trend analysis
Fig. 2: Poultry chiller system control screen
Chiller Water Reuse Case Study
- 135 K/gpd Chiller overflow
- $7.4 K/gal Water-Discharge
- Electric Kw/Hr Rate $0.097
- 16 Hr- 22 Days Mo
Recover High Energy Cost Cold Water Overflow From Poultry Chiller Process for Reuse.
- Recover 135 K/gpd for Reuse
- Ozone TSS Removal
- 26% < BOD/COD Discharge
- AWPI Price $4.55 K/gal
- $186,578 Annual Savings for Energy, Water, Chemical Treatment and Discharge
- <0.5 ROI
- 6 Years Lease agreement